Friday 18 October 2013

Notebooks and letting go

Returning to a Filofax as my planner seems increasingly unlikely. For my planning I am continuing to use my notebook method (I feel that it is now so far removed from the original that I can’t even call it a bullet journal tribute anymore). I have not only remembered people’s birthdays, but I have also written and sent the cards! Projects that have been sitting stagnant for months have moved on and in some cases been completed. There is nothing magic about this way of planning and for some it would be worse than useless, it would be an active waste of time. However, the notebook and my brain have been getting along famously.


Having said that I still own a number of Filofax organisers. Several of them even have a use. Others I am considering letting go of, most likely starting with the personal size that I have never really got along with despite really, really wanting to.



Before I do anything too hasty I thought I would dedicate a post to each of my ‘in use’ binders and open the floor to anyone who could suggest a use for the remaining ones. They are after all really rather lovely.

4 comments:

  1. Your previous post about bullet journals made me start using one at work, and it is great isn't it? I have modified it slightly, as my master calendar is electronic at work, so I transfer appointments to my daily page each morning. It makes life so much easier. I am now wondering how I can do this for my personal diary...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope it continues to work for you. I have now come to terms with the fact that my planner will not look as exciting as I always wanted it to. Instead it will just do everything I want it to do. That's a decent trade off I think.

      Delete
  2. I have to say I revisited my Filofax set up about a year ago. I have though like you gone back to my notebook & journaling (actually I had never stopped) but was splitting between the two on different things.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am glad I use my filofax organisers in other ways. I would really miss them if they weren't around and it would irritate me if they were empty. It's funny that I can make them work for a multitude of things apart from the reason they were created.

      Delete